Sawu's young Ninjas stun Falakhe FC

Allen Mpofu: Bulawayo Chiefs Media.

6 months ago

Bulawayo Chiefs developmental side made it two wins in two games when they managed a two nil victory against Falakhe FC in a Southern Region division three league match played at Pumula North grounds.

Despite coming out as victors, head coach Agent Sawu was a bit disappointed with the missed chances, pointing that as an area of improvement in coming weeks.

"I am happy with the results but disappointed with the performance. I felt we were not clinical in front of goals. I think it's one area we need to improve on going forward", said head coach Agent Sawu.

The first chance of the game fell to the young and promising Miguel Fieldman in the first minute. As soon as the referee blew for kick off Miguel found archors of space on the left wing to drive with pace into the box and let one fly with his right boot only for the keeper to divert his effort to hit the cross bar.

In the fourth minute Miguel twisted and turned his marker on the left wing, and went on to eat another Falakhe defender and set himself for another shot. Falakhe goalkeeper was second time lucky to push away that flying effort targeting the near top corner.

Bulawayo Chiefs looked effective down the left wing with Pholani Tshuma and Miguel combining well. In the eighteenth minute Pholani delivered a world class Marcelo esque cross to find Blessing Muvuti on the edge of the box who vollied that one in same time only for the keeper to make a full stretch and push tge shot away.

Mduduzi Moyo opened the scoring in the twenty fourth minute with a cool and calm finish from close range. Miguel was this time on the right wing to assist Mduduzi with a visionary through pass.

Falakhe could not handle the pressure and danger Miguel was causing down the left and made a tactical change in the thirty seventh minute. A minute before the substitution Miguel lacked that finishing touch in front of goal after he was found with a defence splitting pass making a run in behind.

A tale of missed chances by the Ninjas as we headed into halftime team talk with our goalkeeper Alex Tshabalala being the visitor on that afternoon. Mduduzi's twenty fourth minute strike was the only goal that separated the two teams.

The first chance of the second half fell to the home side after winning a free kick in a promising position in the 47th minute. Alex Tshabalala was caught napping when the freekick was taken and could not collect in the box. The loose ball fell into Falakhe player on the edge of the box whose chipped effort was wide off the target.

Mpumulelo Sibanda rose to the occasion to double our lead with a headed effort. Blessing Muvuti did well to correctly measure Mpumelelo with an early out-swinger cross that met his head and diverted the ball into the net.

Soon after celebrating the second goal the pair that combined to extend our lead was called off the field by Agent Sawu and in came Denzel Junior and Njabulo Dube.

Miguel was again denied a chance to get his name on the scoresheet on the 74th minute by the man in goals after his curling effort was pushed back into play. Mduduzi on the rebound failed to tap that one in and watched in disbelief his effort fly over the bar.

Second half substitute Denzel Junior looked certain to put the game into bed in the dying minutes. Falakhe goalkeeper was called into action more than two times after his front line was caught napping, however Denzel's efforts could not shake the net.

Two goals were enough to seal the win for the young Ninjas.

Meanwhile it was not a good day for the senior team as they suffered a three one loss in a derby played at Luveve Stadium to league contenders Chicken Inn FC . Amakhosikazi continued with their fine form as they outclassed Western Rangers by eleven goals to nil.

The young Ninjas host High Flyers at Chiefs Village in their next Southern Region Division three league fixture.